Homemade Raisin Bread – 5 points on Green WW
Homemade Raisin Bread Recipe using our Hamilton Beach bread maker. I really like to make food from scratch. Being a food allergy family, it makes life easier when I know exactly what ingredients go into our food. As a WW green member, I find homemade food more satisfying and helpful for keeping my points in check each week. This recipe is super easy, you just need a bread machine! I divide the loaf into 10 slices, and then half each one (making the size you see in the video). If I have weeklies left or activity points I've saved, then I'll likely indulge in a full slice. The recipe is so so so easy and delish! I hope you enjoy and remember, Loved is Best, especially for ourselves. xo, Mel
- 1 cup water warmish seems best
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp non-fat milk , almond unsweetened the original recipe from Hamilton Beach (below) calls for dry milk, I use almond milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 3/4 cup bread flour the original recipe from Hamilton Beach calls for bread flour, I use all purpose
- 1 tbp cinnamon I really like cinnamon, the original recipe calls for 1.5 tsp, so maybe start from there
- 2 tsp bread machine yeast
- 1 cup raisins soak them for 5 minutes first – KEY!
You need to pay attention to the beeps to make sure you add your raisins in at the right time, they are not added in right away.
Make sure to soak the raisins in water before adding them in.
Use whatever sweet bread cycle you have on your machine, our Hamilton Beach is Cycle 5.